Reading Text Feels Like Looking on a Psychedelic Pattern in Acer Nitro XV282KKV

Options
Spyrex
Spyrex Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 10 in Monitors

I just bought a new monitor for programming and some casual gaming. I found the "Acer Nitro XV282KKV" which was the cheapest 4k 144hz monitor at that time. I already used an Acer monitor for years with no problems (Acer Predator X34P), however, I always wished for a higher PPI, especially for programming. The new monitor looks and feels great, however, as soon as I want to read text (within seconds of reading) it feels like I am not focusing on text but on a Psychedelic Pattern. My eyes start to contract and hurt and it feels like when I focus on one word all the other letters get a bit blurry, just like when focusing on one point of a Psychedelic Pattern image.

It is not the only monitor where I have experienced such a thing. Especially cheap monitors tend to have that effect on my eyes. I searched all over the internet but couldn't find *anyone* having the same issues as me. It also seems like others I show the new monitor don't have this problem.

I kind of want to send it back but I won't be able to find a monitor with similar characteristics for less than double the price. Additionally, I just want to find out what I am experiencing and why it is seemingly just me having this problem. Am I just unable to use cheap monitors for text reading?

Answers