Hard Disk driver on a Aspire Z24-890. Can i re-install windows 10 using a USB drive.

Options
tk2024
tk2024 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 8 in All-In-One PCs

Hi, I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 using a USB drive. It comes to the point: "Where do you want to install Windows" but there is nothing listed. Am I able to load the driver for the disk drive at this point? If so where can I find the driver?

Thank You

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    Options

@tk2024

You need to download and install the
    IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver on to a blank flash drive.

I am able to see the screen shot which you have sent. You can see the option Load driver. Please insert the flash drive with irst driver. click on load driver - chose usb and select the irst driver. Restart the computer. It will show the hdd info now. Now you can select the partition and install the operating system

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://www.acer.com/in-en/support/product-support/Z24-890/downloads?suggest=Aspire_Z24-890;1

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello. I am sorry you are having trouble installing windows. Did you do anything to the drive before attempting to install windows?

• tk2024
    Options

Hi, there are 3 IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver listed in the downloads section, should I choose the most recent?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, just pick the most recent. It's easier to just extract it to the Windows install flash drive than to put it on a second drive…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tk2024
    Options

Hi, I received this when loading the driver. See attached :(