Predator Triton 14 (PT14-51-7979) Product Suggestion

puli
puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited March 6 in Predator Den

Hello!

Acer's line of gaming laptops is my favorite out of any other competitors. I love their understated, boxy design.

I think the Predator Triton 14 (PT14-51-7979 | NH.QLQAA.001) would be even more amazing if there was a model with a glossy 4K IPS display. There are no 14-inch gaming laptops on the market right now with a display like that.

That is my suggestion! Reasoning below.

Glossy display instead of matte? Why? Glossy displays are slightly sharper! Additionally, they also have slightly more contrast than matte displays. Matte displays are fine, but the market is flooded with them right now! I don't think one or two glossy displays would hurt anyone. Here is a comparison of glossy and matte displays which shows how glossy displays have some benefits over matte displays:

IPS instead of OLED? Why? IPS displays have square pixels! Additionally, they won't burn in nearly as quickly as OLED displays do. OLED displays have different sized red, green and blue sub-pixels, so the pixels are not square. This can make the display look grainy and can make text look like it has a fuzzy chromatic aberration. OLED displays are awesome for inky blacks and low response times, but the market is flooded with them right now! Here is a close-up picture of one type of OLED display vs a standard IPS display:

4K instead of QHD? Why? 4K can integer scale 1080p content! This means you can game at 1080p (FHD), or watch 1080p content and still use your entire screen without any kind of interpolation. You also can integer scale 720p content! While QHD is sharp, 4k is more versatile with no drawbacks. Here is more information on integer scaling vs other lossy forms of scaling: