Acer Nitro XV271U M3bmiiprx limited refresh

Options
Daraketh
Daraketh Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the XV271U M3bmiiprx 27” monitor connected via Display Port to an RX 7900XT card. When I try to set the refresh rate above 60Hz in Windows 11 display options, the screen blinks randomly black until the timer runs out.

This display is supposed to run at 180Hz, but I can’t get it to do even 120Hz (next step up from 60 in my dropdown options). When I look in AMD Adrenaline, it says the display reports itself as a 60Hz display.

I have performed a DDU wipe of any old drivers and reinstalled Adrenaline with the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this or do you know how to fix the issue?

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

Sounds like a driver issue. A reinstall of the GPU driver should do the trick. Let me know how it goes after reinstalling your graphic driver. You can reinstall your graphic driver via the link below and put your
    laptop serial number and you will see all the available driver of your computer.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/drivers-and-manuals

• Daraketh
    Daraketh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had already done that, used DDU to wipe any trace of old drivers, the installed Adrenaline new.

However, I did find the problem, so I’ll post here for posterity. The included DisplayPort cable couldn’t handle over 60Hz. I purchased a $10 cable on Amazon and used it instead. Now I’m getting 180Hz.