Preditor Orion 3000 How I do I get to the UEIF to download windows-10?

Options
thecomputer
thecomputer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 3 in Predator Desktops

I replaced my m.2 drive. How I do I get to the UEIF to download windows-10?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, there are a lot of different Orion 3000 models. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like PO3-xxx-xxxx. Your BIOS should already be set to UEFI boot, and a Windows install that matches your hardware will handle all the UEFI setup needed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,998 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the exact Orion 3000 model number, as and if your Orion 3000 came oem with Win-11 then ONLY install Win-11 NOT Win-10 OS. When you replace a new M.2 SSD boot drive you either clone the existing OS or if your old OS is corrupted then you need to do a bootable Win-11 or 10 USB prepared with Rufus and put the Win-11 installation .ISO files (its the same for Win-10) on the USB that is downloadable at the Microsoft site. You also need to put the Intel IRST drive on the USB bootable drive so that the windows installation recognizes the M.2 SSD drive. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, there are a lot of different Orion 3000 models. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like PO3-xxx-xxxx. Your BIOS should already be set to UEFI boot, and a Windows install that matches your hardware will handle all the UEFI setup needed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thecomputer
    thecomputer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The model number P30-650, is there any workaround to get windows-10 running. I bought it to run an oracle database that only works on windows-10.

• billsey
    Options

So likely a Predator Orion PO3-650, there isn't any P03 models that I'm aware of. The PO3-650 ships with Windows 11 and is a new enough design (13th gen Intel) that Windows 10 isn't supported. There aren't drivers made for the old operating systems with the newest chipsets. You should be able to install Windows 11 easily though. Do two things first, download the IRST drivers from Acer's support site and download the Windows 11 installation from Microsoft. Extract the IRST drivers to a folder on the install flash drive. Go into the BIOS and enable the F`12 boot menu then boot with the flash drive in place and use F12 to choose the flash drive as your boot source. When the install gets to the page asking where to install, load the IRST drivers, then choose the new NVMe drive (it should all be unallocated) as the install target. The installer will then create any needed partitions.

If you absolutely need to have W10, do the same process for installing Windows 11, but use the Windows 10 installer instead. It should complete, but there might be some glitches…