kg241q Menu glitching now screen just remains black and is still scrolling this menu indefinitely

Options
Potato_on_prozac
Potato_on_prozac Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 3 in Monitors

so, the menu pops up, says “input hdmi(2.0)” and it just auto scrolls up and down. None of the button let me do anything. Feels like the far left button isn’t clicking in. It was popping up every once in a while. But now the screen just remains black and is still scrolling this menu indefinitely.

One of my guesses is that it overheated somehow and the button and sunken in enough to constantly cause it to scroll. Last night I plugged the monitor and replugged it in and it’s still scrolling.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    edited March 3 Answer ✓
    Options

It's a momentary snap action mini-switch. But seems to be stuck in the on position based the scrolling behavior & feel.

I would first unplug the monitor. Then gently try to wiggle the button up&down side-to-side to see if it'll break loose or snap back out so as to feel like the other buttons.

You might also try to use a thin piece of stiff plastic to work the space around the button just in case something might be wedged in there (like food crumbs, hair, etc) preventing the button from disengaging.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

Is this the stuck button?

Jack E/NJ

• Potato_on_prozac
    Options

Yes I believe so. It doesn’t push in or have the tack tile feeling of the other buttons. It’s possible the button is stuck. What could have caused it to get stuck? Is it safe to deassemble and try to adjust it or is this not a dyi situation.

• JackE
    edited March 3 Answer ✓
    Options

It's a momentary snap action mini-switch. But seems to be stuck in the on position based the scrolling behavior & feel.

I would first unplug the monitor. Then gently try to wiggle the button up&down side-to-side to see if it'll break loose or snap back out so as to feel like the other buttons.

You might also try to use a thin piece of stiff plastic to work the space around the button just in case something might be wedged in there (like food crumbs, hair, etc) preventing the button from disengaging.

Jack E/NJ

• Potato_on_prozac
    Options

thank you for a timely response. I just got home I’ll give it a go here a moment. Thank you

• Potato_on_prozac
    Options

just want to add a reply. So far this has resolved my issue. I used a thin scraping tool to go round all the edges of the button. Pivoting on the fixed edges to perhaps loosen whatever may be in. The tack tile click isn’t as tacky of the others still, but my monitor functions again. Thank you for the simple answer, glad I didn’t start unscrewing the monitor apart quite yet.

• JackE
    Options

> >So far this has resolved my issue.> >The tack tile click isn’t as tacky of the others still,> >glad I didn’t start unscrewing the monitor apart quite yet.

Congrats. Thanks for reporting back. I suspect the switch's snap disc has lost some its springiness/snappiness & thus ability to fully pop back out after being depressed. Yeah, try to avoid pulling things apart due to a high risk of doing more serious collateral damage trying fix or replace a 10ȼ mini-switch. 🙂

Jack E/NJ