What to do when my laptop has distorted screen color?

Options
Burgee
Burgee Member Posts: 2 New User

I was charging and using my laptop for work when it suddenly got distorted screen color.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,784 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Burgee can you please connect a TV or an external monitor and check if the problem is reproduced?
    If it doesn't, the problem is being caused by the graphics card.
    If the problem does not appear on the external screen, it is a problem with the computer screen.
    Comment me.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

It would help a lot to have some idea what laptop you have, since there are hundreds of different Acer laptops. :) Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Can you take a picture to show us what the screen looks like?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Burgee
    Burgee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, thank you for responding to my query. Here are the pictures of my laptop that got distorted screen color.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,784 Trailblazer
    Options

Gracias por las capturas, responda por favor a mis preguntas y las del compañero @billsey.

Un saludo.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

The screenshots do show something odd going on, but don't look like driver issues to me. Does it change any if you move the screen up and down? If so it might be an issue with the cable that runs between the display and motherboard developing cracks in the wires. That cable is flexed each time you open or close the laptop, so is more liable to show up as an issue as the laptop ages.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.