I can't open the settings app windows doesn't show any error at that time.

Options
BaoNam0703
BaoNam0703 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2 in Windows 11

Hello everyone, more than 1 month ago. I can't open the settings on my laptop, windows doesn't show any error at that time. Everyone please help me, Thank you everyone.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,958 Trailblazer
    Options

If you’re having trouble opening the Settings app in Windows 11, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Restart Your Computer: Sometimes a simple reboot can refresh the operating system and clear temporary glitches. After restarting, try opening the Settings app again.

Use Keyboard Shortcut: Press Windows key + R, type ms-settings:, and hit Enter. This should open the Settings app directly.

Restart Windows Explorer:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.

Look for Windows Explorer in the list of processes.

Right-click on it and select Restart.

Reset the Settings App via Windows PowerShell:

Click Start, type Powershell, and open it.

Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *windows.immersivecontrolpanel* | Reset-AppxPackage

Restart your computer and check if the Settings app opens

Enable Control Panel and PC Settings in Local Group Policy Editor:

This step involves modifying group policy settings. If you’re comfortable with that, you can follow the instructions provided in the link

Reboot Your Computer: Sometimes a fresh start can resolve issues.

Give these steps a try, and hopefully, you’ll be able to access the Settings app. If the problem persists, consider seeking further assistance from Microsoft support or community forums. Good luck! 

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Also, run a good antivirus scanner to make sure you don't have malware running. One of the first things they do often is to disable settings and other functions that might be used to disable and remove them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.