Acer ED320QRS3 Refresh rate display at 120 hz is this a software issue?

Options
Jashobeam
Jashobeam Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2 in Predator Monitors

I have an Acer ED320QRS3 gaming monitor my windows 10 64-bit will only let me display at 120 hz is this a software issue? do i need a better cable than the one that came in the box

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

What PC are you using for the Acer ED320QRS3 165Hz gaming monitor. As the refresher rate is determined by Video Card Support: Your laptop’s graphics card determines the highest refresh rate it can handle. Monitor Support: The monitor itself has a maximum refresh rate it can achieve and Resolution: Lower resolutions (like 800x600) typically support higher refresh rates than higher resolutions (such as 1600x1200), so look at all those settings and see if they are correct and if you are using the HDMI port then also see the cable that you are using if its the correct one. Otherwise, your Acer ED320QRS3 165Hz gaming monitor should be working at 165Hz refresher rate at 1920×1080 pixels perfectly. Btw, I'm using a Dell 32" 165Hz monitor with a Nitro AN515-56 laptop tha has an RTX3050 gpu at resolution 1920×1080 and it works perfectly. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

What PC are you using for the Acer ED320QRS3 165Hz gaming monitor. As the refresher rate is determined by Video Card Support: Your laptop’s graphics card determines the highest refresh rate it can handle. Monitor Support: The monitor itself has a maximum refresh rate it can achieve and Resolution: Lower resolutions (like 800x600) typically support higher refresh rates than higher resolutions (such as 1600x1200), so look at all those settings and see if they are correct and if you are using the HDMI port then also see the cable that you are using if its the correct one. Otherwise, your Acer ED320QRS3 165Hz gaming monitor should be working at 165Hz refresher rate at 1920×1080 pixels perfectly. Btw, I'm using a Dell 32" 165Hz monitor with a Nitro AN515-56 laptop tha has an RTX3050 gpu at resolution 1920×1080 and it works perfectly. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Jashobeam
    Jashobeam Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thanks for your help