Acer chromebook 315 not working properly

Options
ikikikik
ikikikik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in Chromebooks

So I have an Acer Chromebook 315 (I think) and recently out of nowhere it seems to be having a lot of problems. Before this, I didn't use my Chromebook a lot but since I have exams I've been using it daily and it's run into a lot of problems. Firstly, every 1-2 minutes there will be a notification that always pops up that says "Low-power charger connected to your Chromebook may not charge while it's turned on" and it pops up continuously as well as changing my brightness and makes it go from bright to back down to bright again. My touchscreen has also fully stopped working which is also very difficult for me. Whenever i spin my laptop to be in like an iPad the touch screen doesn't work at all and neither does it work in any other way, the whole touch screen function has been completely cut off and made me unable to use it. My Chromebook has also become very slow these days, it used to be very fast running and quick to use but now it takes some time to go from app to app or type without some sort of glitch in the beginning. I've had this Chromebook for 3-4 years and i still need it to last for a while. Any help would really be appreciated!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

How long does stay on after disconnecting charger?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

"Chromebook 315" doesn't tell us which model you have. Since you mention folding it into tablet mode it's likely one of the Spin models, but those change from year to year. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CP315-xxx-xxxx. What charger are you using? The one that came with it or a third party version?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.