Aspire Z24-890 How to upgrade AOI GPU? I have an Acer AOI computer

Options
BryanSanchez
BryanSanchez Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 29 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer AOI computer and running games is rough. I want to upgrade my GPU. Have no idea where to start I just want to be able to run Destiny 2/Fortnite at a reasonable frame rate. Not looking to break the bank. I’ve attached game requirements that I’m looking to meet with upgrades.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

You can't upgrade the CPU or GPU as they are integrated (soldered) into the motherboard.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited February 29
    Options

The Aspire Z24-890 mainboard has either an integrated cpu Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics mainboard or the higher spec AIO Z24-890 came with a soldered NVidia MX150 2GB gpu. You can upgrade the cpu to the cpu's listed below and the ram can be upgraded also to 32GB at 2x 16GB DDR4-2666MHz ram modules as listed below with the M.2 SSD boot drive to a quicker NVMe type SSD.

The below tables are all from the Aspire Z24-890 Acer Service Guide, so its not guess work as it works😁 the best upgrades to improve performance for your AIO Z24-890 with your oem i5-9400T cpu is to upgrade to the quicker i7-9700T or the i9-9700T cpu, then upgrade the ram to the max total of 32GB @ 2x 16GB DDR4-2666MHz type ram modules and also upgrade to a quicker boot drive of a PCIe 3x 4 type M.2 SSD NVMe drive like either the 1TB Intel Optane SSD 905P 1.5TB or the Intel SSD 670p 2TB so that your AIO Z24-890 PC will handle games like Destiny 2/Fortnite easily and higher end games also with no problems.

Of course you need to do all the windows updates, update the bios to the Z24-890s last version R01-B0 and if your AIO has the dedicated Nvidia MX150 gpu install the NVidia GeForce Experience gaming software and play the games (there are over 1500 games) through this software's ultimate game settings and also have the latest NVidia game ready driver. If you have the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics cpu integrated graphics, you need to make sure that you have the latest Intel graphics drivers up to date so that the Intel graphics gpu perform to its peak performance. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Aspire AIO Z24-890 fitted cpu's

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• BryanSanchez
    BryanSanchez Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Sounds great, thank you! It also sounds expensive, would it be better to just get a new computer? I just want the games to work and trying to be economical.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Much better to get a new computer, likely. Stay away from the All-In-One designs, they are really not as upgradeable as the desktops with separate monitors.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.