Acer 5150 (Windows 95 PC) - Wondering if anyone has a disk with updated drivers for this machine?

Options
Vintage5150
Vintage5150 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 28 in Legacy Desktops

I have a Model 5150 Windows 95 computer from (I think) 1996. I'm wondering is anyone has a disk with updated drivers for this machine. If anyone in running this machine, can you tell me what version of Direct X can be installed? I tried to run Acclaim's 'Forsaken' and failed. This system has a Matrox Millennium II display card; IBM MWave sound card; original CRT AcerView 33s monitor; 128 MB RAM.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@Vintage5150

You can easily get the windows 95, windows 98 , Windows xp , Windows 7 easily online. You can also check at the nearest local store.

However you will not get the updated drivers.

After installing the operating system you can only use it for basic purpose like browsing, checking emails and working on word docs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Vintage5150
    Options

Sorry! From 1997. It was called 'Aspire'.

• Vintage5150
    edited February 27
    Options

The machine is running Win 95 already. Perhaps someone could direct me to any sources of information or specifications for this model series? Does Acer not offer legacy drivers anywhere?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer typically pulls drivers and such once the model has reached the point where any OS installed on it is no longer supported. So the Windows 7 and earlier machines have been going away. Needless to say, Windows 95 is a bit too old… :)

Try third party sites to see if anyone has archived drivers, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. What's not working on it now?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.