Why does my predator PHN16-7's battery drain too fast?

AxlotlAdi
AxlotlAdi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in Predator Laptops

Hello, I just bought a predator helios neo 16 last Febraury 25, 2024, but I noticed that the battery drains fast. In my first use of the laptop after charging, the battery only lasted for 1 hour and 29 mins, considering that I was browsing my web browser.

And after a few days, I observed my laptop, thinking that there is something wrong with it. I tried recording how long will the battery last. For my first observation. The battery lasted for 2hrs and 22 mins, wherein I haven't opened any browser or apps except clock and settings. in just 2 hrs and 22 mins, the battery went down from 98% to 25%. Next, after hours, I tried to record again, and the battery went from 98% to 60% in just 40mins, note that I was only watching Fullscreen videos from youtube.

Is my newly bought laptop facing some battery issues. If yes, what actions should I do? Should I return to the store and have it returned?

Answers

• AxlotlAdi

note that my laptop is in eco mode

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,052 Pathfinder

@AxlotlAdi

2-3 hours of battery life is normal for the gaming laptop. You can try to close some background apps, lower screen brightness, and turn off the keyboard backlight to save battery consumption.

The gaming laptop should have the charger plugged in most of the time to get the best performance and reduce the battery wearing from the charge/discharge cycle.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • AxlotlAdi

@AnhEZ28, hi thanks for answering my question. Based on the reviews I read on the internet regarding helios neo 16, some sites and vids say that typically the laptop's battery would last for 3-6hrs. What should I do to achieve these circumstances?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,492 Trailblazer

Check your battery usage in Windows11, overall and what background apps use a lot, either uninstall or disable those if not needed.

Do not try to limit the battery charging, useless and can cause power issues. Keep the battery fully charged.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 440

You can try to close some background apps, lower screen brightness, and turn off the keyboard backlight to save battery consumption. The gaming laptop should have the charger plugged in most of the time to get the best performance and reduce the battery wearing from the charge/discharge cycle.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,052 Pathfinder
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • matias97
    matias97 Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited February 29

ORIGINAL TEXT

no llega a durar tanto la bateria, cuando la uso en la ciudad, pongo modo ahorro de energia y en el apartado de P. SENSE pongo en modo "ECO" asi logro que la computadora por lo menos me llegue a dar 4 hs de uso para LECTURA DE TEXTOS o algunos videos explicativos, solo con un mouse inalambrico conectado por USB sin usar bluetooth

TRANSLATED

The battery does not last that long, when I use it in the city, I put energy saving mode and in the P. SENSE section I put it in "ECO" mode so I can get the computer to give me at least 4 hours of use for READING TEXTS or some explanatory videos, only with a wireless mouse connected by USB without using Bluetooth.

[Edited the content using Google translator]

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,261 Trailblazer

El Predator PHN16-71 es un portátil para juegos de gama alta y realmente NO es un portátil de plataforma móvil que debas usar en una cafetería o como portátil móvil, su batería dura de forma realista para navegar por la web un máximo de 4 horas y para jugar un máximo de 3 horas. Si desea una computadora portátil potente y portátil y de batería de larga duración, compre una Swift X o una Swift Go que su batería durará hasta 10 horas, ya que estas computadoras portátiles están diseñadas como plataformas móviles.

The Predator PHN16-71 is a high end gaming laptop and its really NOT a mobile platform laptop that you should use in coffee shop or as mobile laptop, its battery is realistically lasts for web browsing a max of 4 hours and for gaming a max of 3 hours. If you want a powerful and portable and long battery life laptop buy a Swift X or a Swift Go that its battery will last up to 10 hours as these laptops are designed as mobile platforms.

Si esto responde a su pregunta y resolvió su consulta, haga clic en "Sí" o "Haga clic en Me gusta" si encuentra útil👍 mi respuesta