Laptop stuck in auto repair.my laptop has been stuck in auto repair since an update

Options
Johnswfc
Johnswfc Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 27 in Members Lounge

hi I hope that someone can help

my laptop has been stuck in auto repair since an update. this has happened before but I have managed to eventually get back in. However this time it is just stuck in auto repair. I have tried to turning it on and off a few times but nothing seems to work.

Is this anyone can help with please?

Thank you in advance

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Comments

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options

@Johnswfc

Try using the restore point to see if it fixes the auto repair loop.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Johnswfc
    Johnswfc Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

thanks

I tried that but it won’t let me click on the box when it asks which drive I want to restore, so presume it won’t let me restore it

many other help at all? I have been without my laptop for over a week, just because I accepted an update

thanks

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options

@Johnswfc

Does it have the recovery option?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

Best to use WindowsRE to "Reset this PC" without losing your files. You can load WindowsRe from your boot drive by rebooting and pressing Alt+F10 as soon as you see the Acer logo. You will get the blue WindowsRE screen with the Troubleshoot menu, in Advanced select Reset this PC. Alternatively use the Windows USB Recovery Disk. First boot to BIOS with F2 and move the USB Recovery Disk to the top of the Boot Devices list on Bios Boot screen and save settings, reboot (without F2) and that should get the Troubleshoot menu, select Reset this PC. You can make a USB Recovery Disk on another PC with the same Windows version, insert a 20+GB flash drive and in Windows type Recovery disk (takes 1 hour to make).