Acer Nitro AN17-41 HDR It doesn't have HDR10 display Is it possible to have an approved HDR laptop

Options
PBJM
PBJM Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 26 in Monitors

Hi All

My first posting here having received my new Acer laptop at the end of last month.

Firstly, I am not a gamer. I like opting for gaming laptops as they give me the performance I need for my job (self employed photographer and videographer). As you may know, Adobe products such as Lightroom, Photoshop and Premier Pro require good CPU's etch to work properly.

However, I have realised that I have made one error in checking the specs of this laptop before I purchased it. It doesn't have an HDR10 display (according to WIN 11) which means I cant edit HDR images properly in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Here comes my question. Is it possible to have an approved HDR laptop screen installed on this laptop by ACER?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Duncan

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,560 Trailblazer
    Options

While the dGPU should support it to an external monitor, Acer only offers a QHD internal screen option. A 3rd party installation might be possible. If the vendor's RMA policy period hasn't expired yet, it might be best to simply return it to the vendor as not meeting your needs for an refund or exchange

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options

@PBJM

You can get an external monitor that has HDR10 and is suitable for graphics work.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,560 Trailblazer
    Options

While the dGPU should support it to an external monitor, Acer only offers a QHD internal screen option. A 3rd party installation might be possible. If the vendor's RMA policy period hasn't expired yet, it might be best to simply return it to the vendor as not meeting your needs for an refund or exchange.

Jack E/NJ