TravelMate P214-53 windows installation i am getting a driver missing issue

Options
Abhidcruez
Abhidcruez Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 26 in TravelMate and Extensa

i had brought a TravelMate P214-53 laptop and it came with Ubuntu pre installed but when i was trying to install windows i am getting a driver missing issue I downloaded the drivers from both Acer website and from the intel website none of them is working. after selecting the downloaded drivers i am geting this message shown in the image

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for all of them who have replied. The issue is sorted and windows has been installed the issue was with the nvme ssd the drive was taken out and formatted and windows is working fine now.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@Abhidcruez

I think the VMD controller is disabled for the Ubuntu OS.

Go to the BIOS, Main tab, and press Ctrl+S to reveal the VMD controller setting. Enable it.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,957 Trailblazer
    Options

That message says you have already loaded the drivers. did the drive not show up? What drive is installed? You will need to at least resize some partitions if not remove them completely to have room for Windows to install…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited February 25
    Options

Another reason why is because you have the wrong IRST version driver loaded, the IRST driver version that you have in the caption above is the version 18.6.1.1016 and the listed and correct IRST driver for the TravelMate P214-53 is the IRST driver is the version 10.29.0.6367, which is a much newer driver, so download and install this drive and use this driver only, as that is why its not working. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@StevenGen This is ISST Driver. If I am not wrong this this is not the driver needed

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey I have a nvme SSD and the drive is not showing in the installation process. It's directly going to this page telling that that the driver is missing

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 I have VMD controller enabled. It was not enabled earlier that time when I was selecting drivers I got a error telling that the driver is not supported by my system hardware

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Abhidcruez

Do you have the screenshot of the error?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

my drive is showing like this

@AnhEZ28 now that error is not appearing because the vmd controller is enabled

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Abhidcruez

What about the Windows installation? Enabling the VMD controller will cause the Ubuntu not to boot up.

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 But Ubuntu is still getting booted

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Abhidcruez

What about the Windows installation? 

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28 Windows is still not working it's giving me the same error should I need to take it nearby acer service centre

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@Abhidcruez

That is strange.

Did you recheck if that option is still enabled BIOS or not?

You can take the laptop to a nearby PC repair shop for the technicians to Windows installation.

• billsey
    Options

Are you trying to get a dual boot system with Linux and Windows, or just changing to a fully Windows environment? The picture you show isn't from the Windows install process.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey I am changing to windows environment the picture is for the windows installation process

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@Abhidcruez

You need to download and install the
    IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver on to a blank flash drive.

I am able to see the screen shot which you have sent. You can see the option Load driver. Please insert the flash drive with irst driver. click on load driver - chose usb and select the irst driver. Restart the computer. It will show the hdd info now. Now you can select the partition and install the operating system

Kindly go through the details from the link given below to download the irst driver. Please chose the os on the drop down and then download the driver on the empty flash drive. click on load driver - chose the flash drive - install the irst driver Now it will show the hdd info to install the operating system. If it is not working restart the computer and try it.

https://www.acer.com/in-en/support/product-support/TravelMate%20P214-53/downloads

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    Options

The first picture is from the Windows install process and is showing an error about trying to load a driver that has already been loaded. The second picture is not from a Windows install and shows that the drive already has a partition taking up all the space. Show us the picture from the Windows install where it shows the drive and is asking where to install Windows. If the drive doesn't show up there at all then as William suggests, you need to install the iRST drivers for your system.

• Abhidcruez

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for all of them who have replied. The issue is sorted and windows has been installed the issue was with the nvme ssd the drive was taken out and formatted and windows is working fine now.