Adding a second monitor to N18Q13 laptop HDMI Adapters and nothing seems to work.

Options
Jemsig
Jemsig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 24 in Monitors

Hello

Can anyone help me figure out how to add a 2nd monitor (result in three screens) to N18Q13 Accer Laptop.

I have tried VGA adapters, HDMI Adapters and nothing seems to work.

Thanking you in advance.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

And a HDMI splitter will just give you two copies of the same display. You need a full USB dock that generates it's own video signals to driver another monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,474 Trailblazer
    edited February 24
    Options

This model does not support display out for the USB-C port so all you can do is get a HDMI splitter and use the HDMI port:
    https://www.pcguide.com/reviews/the-best-hdmi-splitter/ you won't be able to extend the screen in Windows, it will be just a copy on the external monitor.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

And a HDMI splitter will just give you two copies of the same display. You need a full USB dock that generates it's own video signals to driver another monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jemsig
    Jemsig Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you. What is a 'full usb dock' I have a c dock, but that hasn't worked.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options

@Jemsig

He mentions the USB-A 3.0 to HDMI adapter.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    Options

Most any USB 3.x dock that uses a USB-A connector instead of USB-C and provides video output will work. If you need to use a USB-C port, then you will have to dive into the specs of the docks, any that mention DP Alt Mode will not work.