CP714 Spin 714 - scratches table top when open

Options
Goboff
Goboff Member Posts: 4 New User

I have a refurb Chromebook Spin 714. I've noticed that it is scratching my table top when it's in the open position. Something by the hinge on the screen side scrapes the surface. Acer has not really been helpful in researching this issue. The unit was bought on eBay - Acer and there's a sticker indicating it was refurbished by Acer.
I'm wondering if there's missing padding, or if the hinges are somehow misaligned.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Show us a picture of the bottom of the laptop. It should be fairly obvious if there is something missing. If so, you can go back to the vendor for a fix, unless you are past the 90 warranty period for refurbished systems.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Goboff
    edited February 22
    Options

roziacademy, thanks for your reply, but that doesn't address my question. Is there something wrong with my refurb unit, or is this a problem with this model?

• Goboff
    Options

billsey - I think I'm going to have to carry something to put under the screen side ledge. there's no rubber keeping the edges from scratching. I have to think this is a manufacturing or design defect!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

It looks like they are using two pieces of rubber on each side, the big one at the bottom and the small one near the hinge. You should be able to tell where it's hitting and use something added to the laptop there to mitigate the issue. a thick tape like Gorilla Tape would have enough give to act as a buffer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.