Nitro Sense is not working in Acer Nitro 16 (AN16-41)

Options
Khajiir
Khajiir Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 23 in Nitro Gaming

I use Acer Nitro 16 R5 7640hs (AN16-41) Nitro sense not working. I cannot change the keyboard lights. I cannot change the mode. I cannot see anything related to GPU and CPU temperatures, etc. I cannot control the fan speed. I have downloaded and tried both the latest and older versions, but the issue remains unresolved. I would appreciate it if you could help.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

If the OEM factory windows is still installed, close NitroSense. Search start menu 'add or remove'. Click 'add or remove programs' near top of menu. Click NitroSense. Click reset button if it exists. Try running NitroSense again.

Jack E/NJ

• mlsevent
    mlsevent Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 23
    Options

ORIGINAL

Ich habe seit geraumer Zeit das selbe Problem mit Nitro 5. Hab das ganze Deinstalliert, und wieder neu Installiert, aber das ganze mag nicht funktionieren. OEM Werksfenster, was soll das sein?

TRANSLATED

I've had the same problem with Nitro 5 for quite some time. I uninstalled the whole thing & reinstalled it again, but the whole thing doesn't seem to work. OEM factory window, What is that supposed to be?

[Edited the content using Google translator]

• JackE
    Options

> >OEM Werksfenster, was soll das sein?> >

> >What is OEM Windows supposed to be?> >

OEM Windows ist die Acer-Version von Windows, die ursprünglich installiert war, als Sie das Gerät zum ersten Mal gekauft haben. Es handelt sich nicht um dieselbe Version wie auf der Microsoft-Downloadseite.

OEM Windows is the Acer version of Windows that was originally installed when you first purchased the machine. It is not the same as the version on the Microsoft download site.

Jack E/NJ

• tjohnson
    tjohnson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same model Acer and Nitro Sense recently stopped being able to function from a fresh Windows start-up. It seems like the only thing that works is to end the NitroSense task and then relaunch it. Is there any way to fix this so it doesn't have to be manually started each time I start my laptop?

• JackE
    Options

Try turning off fast startup.

Jack E/NJ

• tjohnson
    tjohnson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

That unfortunately did not work. The hardware power mode and NitroSense application do not work until NitroSense is ended from the task manager and relaunched.

• JackE
    Options

Uninstall NitroSense. Then install a fresh copy of the latest update from this link. Keep fast startup disabled.

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    Options

@Khajiir

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x
    click on power shell admin or command prompt admin or Terminal admin
    type rstrui
    chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  
    click on next, finish, yes
    It will restore your computer to an earlier date 
    if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 
    It will show you all the icons..
    Try and check whether it is working now ..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@khajiir

Try ctrl + shift + esc
    Go to task manager
    check whether you see any item called nitrosense on the list below processes
    right click on nitrosense – endtask. Close the taskmanager
    Now try to open the application..

If it is still not working
    Try windows + r - On the run window
    Type msconfig
    go to services - check hide all microsoft service - disable and enable all. Go to the General Tab on the top
    chose normal startup if it is in selective startup – click on apply - ok
    restart the computer
    It should work now

If it is still not working

Try windows + r - On the run window
    Type control

It will go to control panel
    Click on User accounts
    Again click on User accounts
    Manage another account – Add a new user in PC settings - Click on add someone else to this PC or Click on “Make changes to my account in PC settings”
    Go to Family & other users
    Go to Other users
    Click on add someone else to this PC
    Click on “I don’t have this person’s sign in information
    Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account
    Type the user name and password
    Click on the user – change account type
    Change the Standard user to Administrator
    Click on ok
    Sign out and Sign in as new user
    You can even create a Microsoft account instead of local account.

Sign out and Sign in and it should work fine

Try and check whether it is working now ..

If it is still not working...

go to run - appwiz.cpl

remove any items related with nitrosense

Go to support.acer.com
    chose your country
    type snid or chose your model
    go to drivers - application
    Download and install the nitrosense

It will work fine....

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Sometimes antivirus might be blocking the software to open. Please remove the antivirus and check. Once the program is open then you can install the antivirus back again. Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.

• Corvino
    Corvino Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, I tried everything, Bios Update (1.20), driver actualization, uninstall, repair, give administrator permission, give permission through my antivirus, and nothing, the problem persists, i hate nitro sense I am unable to turn on my RGB.

• JackE
    Options

Uninstall NitroSense again. Then install a fresh copy of the latest update from this link. Fast startup must be disabled in Control Panel power button app.

Jack E/NJ

• Corvino
    Corvino Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 11
    Options

I have a possible solution, the problem lies in the ability of the applications to control the lights of the equipment, a program that causes a certain conflict is Logitech G hub, what you have to do is deactivate the automatic start of the application, do not have logitech device connected to the laptop, start normally and wait 10 to 20 seconds, the laptop should turn on the RGB after that time, once the RGB is turned on you can connect your logitech device and turn on the application. It is also recommended that you turn off your laptop with the "shutdown icon" while pressing the "shift key" this will turn off your laptop completely, it will take 5 to 6 seconds longer to turn on, but the startup will be fresh and without any errors.

If this solution has helped you, I would appreciate it if you could write if it worked for you and leave a like, to prevent more people from wasting their time finding a solution.