Screen pressure from bezel on top left corner Helios Predator Triton 300 SE,

Options
Mikkel1990
Mikkel1990 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 20 in Predator Laptops

Hi all!

So i bought the Helios Predator Triton 300 SE, and after about two months I've noticed this pressure point on the screen.

Does it affect the screen (like break it or something?)

Do i need too get a replacement?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Mikkel1990

Tinkerer

Options

Easy to see on this pic

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@Mikkel1990

That is the backlight bleeding, a common issue for IPS screens. It does not affect anything in a long time. You can try asking local Acer to see if they can warranty this issue. Normally, small bleeding will not be covered.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Mikkel1990

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you for your answer @AnhEZ28!
    It´s really sensitive to pressure (when putting a small amount on pressure on it) compered to the rest of the screen, where you can see the backlight. I am really afraid that someday, when opening the lid, i accidently will break it because of this weak point.
    Acer have agreed to have their service team to take a look at it.

• Mikkel1990

Tinkerer

edited March 4
    Options

Update! Got it back from Acer service but the samme issue remains, it's exactly the same lol.

The LCD panel where changed to a new

@AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@Mikkel1990

Try to observe the bezel gap in that area, do you see any unevenness of the bezel?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Mikkel1990

Tinkerer

Options

@AnhEZ28

There aren't any gap, I suspect something behind the screen pressuring against the screen somehow. I can't eliminate "the bleed" when trying to pull slightly up on the bezel. I have sent the laptop to Acer service once more.

The repair is done, im awaiting the return now. I will update when i have received the laptop.