New Acer monitor ED273U H has poor sound quality.

Options
ki1iara
ki1iara Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 19 in Monitors

I just bought an Acer ED273U and connected it via HDMI to a new Acer Gaming Desktop Predator Orion 3000 with Windows 11. It has sound coming from the monitor, but that sound is very shallow and tinny, no bass to it. I am trying to figure out if its an issue with the monitor, an issue with my settings, or this is just what to expect from monitor based speakers. Looking for any suggestions on what I might check.

NVIDIA Drivers are up to date according to their software. I downloaded the drivers for this model monitor from ACER to replace the Generic monitor driver from the 2006 version. Device Manager isnt letting me do that though since it thinks it has the best version already, even when I point it to the driver folder.

Pasting some info below in case it helps: Device Manager, my Audio driver, and a shot of the contents of the driver folder in case I downloaded the wrong thing. Let me know if any more info might be needed.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There have been a bunch of different ED273U models over the years. There should be more letters after the 'U'. Most that have speakers have just a couple of pretty small, low wattage speakers and they don't give anywhere as good of sound as a nice set of external speakers will.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There have been a bunch of different ED273U models over the years. There should be more letters after the 'U'. Most that have speakers have just a couple of pretty small, low wattage speakers and they don't give anywhere as good of sound as a nice set of external speakers will.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Try verifying that everything is fully snapped into place, the audio jacks sometimes have a gasket at the bottom to keep contaminants out and you have to put a little more pressure in to full get it into place.
    Then try moving the monitor power to a different outlet or at least off the power strip used by the computer/Xbox.