acer usb type c dock II extra monitor but can't detect monitor when connected to windows laptop

Options
BlackVird_M
BlackVird_M Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 18 in Monitors

I have been facing this issue. If anybody can help me??

I have got Acer USB type-c Dock II docking station. It has got two hdmi Port in it. If I connect windows OS laptop to acer dock using host cable and connect extra monitor to port 1 hdmi then it will detect extra monitor but if I disconnect a host cable usb type c and connect to MAC os laptop then it does not detect monitor. Similarly, if i connect hdmi port to port number 2 which is connected to Apple laptops then it detect extra monitor but can't detect monitor when connected to windows laptop again with port 2 HDMI port present in docking station.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited February 18
    Options

What is the exact Acer hub model and what is your Ace laptop model, as there allot of variables why an external monitor doesn't work with a hub or with a laptop. If you can show us some captions.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

There are drivers required to connect the monitors. Perhaps Apple doesn't have the drivers?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BlackVird_M
    BlackVird_M Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi @StevenGen @billsey,

I have got following two laptops alienware 14 and macbook pro 2021 model. So there is two hdmi port on my docking station model is Acer usb type c dock II (N18D1). If I connect host cable to mac and hdmi port is supposedly 1 it detects the monitor but disconnecting host cable and connecting to alienware it does not detect extra monitor. And if i do just opposite as mentioned then mac will not detect monitor. I am just tired switching between hdmi ports. If anybody got idea or anybody facing same issue?