EI272UR Monitor enters into color test mode, i tried power reset but, issue remains

Options
ohbiscuitsbandit
ohbiscuitsbandit Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 22 in Monitors

A friend recently gave me an EI272UR. I tried plugging it in, and, without fail, it goes into color test mode.
I have tried unplugging it and holding the power button for 30 seconds before plugging it back in, as recommended in several posts on this forum, and the test mode remains.
Anyone have any thoughts?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Try this procedure to get in and out of factory mode:
    Turn off the Acer monitor and disconnect it from the computer or any other device. Locate the control buttons on the monitor. They are usually placed on the front or bottom edge of the monitor. Press and hold the "Menu" button on the monitor's control panel. While holding the "Menu" button, turn on the monitor by pressing the power button. Keep holding the "Menu" button. Continue to hold the "Menu" button until the monitor enters the factory mode. This process may vary depending on the model, but it typically involves seeing a menu or message on the screen. Once you are in the factory mode, you can navigate through the options using the other buttons on the control panel. The specific options available in the factory mode will depend on the monitor model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ohbiscuitsbandit
    Options

This did not make any change to the issue at hand.

• billsey
    Options

So that procedure didn't get you the menu?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ohbiscuitsbandit
    Options

It did not.
    Pushing the menu button had no effect.

• billsey
    Options

I'll try to escalate to see if there's a different procedure for your model.

• ohbiscuitsbandit
    Options
  • billsey
    Options

Not that I've seen yet.