I cant disable Kernel DMA Protection in acer nitro 5 AN515-45

shine1337
shine1337 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in Nitro Gaming

hello, i have acer nitro 5 AN515-45 And i have Kernel DMA Protection is on
I cant see the option to disable it on device security and i cant see "Kernel DMA Protection" on bios to disable it as well, any help how i can disable it?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Kernel DMA protection is a security feature in Windows 11 that prevents unauthorized access to your system memory by external devices⁶. However, some users may want to disable it for various reasons, such as compatibility issues or performance optimization.

To disable kernel DMA protection on your Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 laptop running Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

• Open the Windows Security app from the Start menu or by typing "Windows Security" in the search box.
    • Select Device security from the left-side menu, then click on Core isolation details under Core isolation.
    • Under Memory access protection, toggle the switch to Off. You may need to enter your administrator password or PIN to confirm the change.
    • Restart your laptop for the change to take effect.

This should disable kernel DMA protection on your laptop. However, please note that this may reduce the security of your system and expose it to potential threats. Therefore, you should only disable it if you have a valid reason and understand the risks involved.

I hope this helps.

• shine1337

Tinkerer

Im currently on windows 10 and i cant disable it from device security, like i cant find the option there, what should i do ?

• shine1337

Tinkerer

thats memory intergirty, i need to disable Kernel DMA Protection

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,206 Pathfinder

@shine1337

You can try to turn on the AMD-SVM in the BIOS.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • shine1337

Tinkerer

• shine1337

Tinkerer

like i tried to enable it but i cant see kernel dma protection option there somehow i cant disable it,