Can I get audio through the HDMI cable, or do I need something else? (Acer Nitro EDA320Q monitor)

Options
Tanguera
Tanguera Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in Monitors

I have a laptop and Acer Nitro EDA320Q monitor attached by an HDMI cable. The picture comes through great, but I have no audio on laptop or monitor now.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It depends on which model of EDA320Q you have. Some have speakers built in, some do not. You can usually tell by looking at the audio ports. If there's only an audio out port then it doesn't have speakers and expects you to put external speakers on, if it has an audio in port, or both port types, then it should have speakers built in. In Windows you can change the output device in sound settings to use your normal speakers or the external speakers connected to the monitor. If you have speakers in the monitor, make sure you set the volume in the OSD to the maximum, then adjust the sound levels using Windows.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 399 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Does the Monitor have built in speakers? If not it may default to the HDMI out but if there are no speakers in the monitor or connected to the monitor you would have to manually change the outputs to the laptop speakers in the sound settings.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

You need to make sure that your monitor also has built-in speakers. Once confirmed, check if it supports HDMI. Audio and video will go through HDMI and your monitor should be detected as an output device.
    Click the sound icon, and it should display the audio devices your PC can use.