Network Drivers are gone and i can't use WiFi or Ethernet

Options
Tanonting
Tanonting Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 13 in Windows 11

Hello today when turned on my pc i noticed that my Ethernet connection was gone and i couldn't use WiFi either. i have tried to check device manager to try to find them but they are compleatly gone. please help me

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Which OS are you running on it? If you open Device Manager in Windows does it show any errors or warnings? Try turning on the show hidden devices option to see if they show up there, grayed out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 252
    Options

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. Expand Network adapters, and locate the network adapter for your device. Select the network adapter, select Update driver >Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the instructions.

• Rosie_02
    Rosie_02 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

In “Device Manager” open the network adapters then do a right click on the Wi-Fi/ethernet driver you're trying to use. Click “Update driver.” Select “Browse my computer for driver software” then select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.” Choose the network adapter driver then click on “Next.”

• William_mk2
    Options

@Tanonting

Go to run by pressing windows + r - type ncpa.cpl

check whether you are able to see wifi and ethernet driver

If you are unable to see ethernet and wifi driver

try windows + x - device manager

network adapter

check whether you are able to see ethernet and wifi driver

If you are unable to find ethernet and wifi driver on device manager

check other devices

You might see ethernet and wifi driver below other devices

If you are unable to see ethernet and wifi below other devices.

You might have to do power drain test and bios defaults

I am not sure whether you are using desktop or laptop

If it is laptop, unplug all the cables, insert the pin on a small tiny hole on back of laptop for 1 min

If you dont see a hole , unplug all the cables, press the power button for 1 min

If it is a desktop, unplug all the cables, including the power cable, hold the power button for 1 min and plug the cables back. Press del continuously while starting the computer. It will go to bios. Press f9 - it will load bios defaults - press yes - press f10 and save the changes

If it is a laptop, press f2 continuously while starting the computer. It will go to bios. Press f9 - it will load bios defaults - press yes - press f10 and save the changes

Now load the windows and type ncpa.cpl on run

It will show you the wifi and ethernet icon now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★