Acer Predator Connect X5 restarts automatically due to firmware update?

Options
ohy862
ohy862 Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently bought a Predator Connect X5, and it has begun to restart randomly multiple times per day due to what seems to be a firmware update notification. I have the app installed on my iPhone and get a push notification saying, "Device: PredatorX5-D3E1 Notification, New firmware update X5.V1.20.8_313207" and then it restarts, resulting in wifi down for about 2 minutes until it comes back up.

I wasn't able to prevent this in any other way than to log in via the web interface and install the update. I have just installed the update but am afraid of this happening again when the next firmware update is released.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

1) Please try to boot into recovery and select command prompt. Run chkdsk again and then after that run sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

2) Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages

In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section. Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    Restart the computer. The computer no longer restarts automatically when a problem occurs. Instead, a blue screen appears with more useful information. You can now search for a resolution using the information in the error.

3) Also, check the current BIOS version and update it to the latest version listed in Acer support site.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, there's a case where the AI bot didn't understand the question. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.