How to undock the dockable pen in my Acer Travelmate Spin B3 laptop Model no. N20H1

Options
CharlesMonet
CharlesMonet Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in TravelMate and Extensa

Just bought it October last year, been trying it for months now but I still can't figure out how to undock the pen in Acer Travelmate Spin B3 laptop Model no. N20H1. I need help.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Which Travelmate Spin B3 model do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like TMB3xx-xxx-xxxx. Some don't have support for an active pen, and those only have a dummy cover instead of a pen dock.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

So the model number is a B311R-31-A14PG, which doesn't have active pen support. The B311RN-xx models do. That port cover is just a dummy on your system, which is why it doesn't pull out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Which Travelmate Spin B3 model do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like TMB3xx-xxx-xxxx. Some don't have support for an active pen, and those only have a dummy cover instead of a pen dock.

• CharlesMonet
    CharlesMonet Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 16
    Options

This is what's in the back sticker.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

So the model number is a B311R-31-A14PG, which doesn't have active pen support. The B311RN-xx models do. That port cover is just a dummy on your system, which is why it doesn't pull out.