Low cpu usage on i5-11400F with windows 11

Options
Zenablon
Zenablon Member Posts: 3 New User

So, the problem is with my cpu. My i5-11400F consumes 33W on average when on cinebench multicore test. 55°C temp on average on this benchmark, which is not normal, I guess. And it gets 5800 pts and I saw people getting 9600 pts on YT with this system. Cpu speed is holding about 2.5 Ghz. Is it as it should be? what could be the issue? thanks for any response

Cpu: i5-11400F

Gpu: gtx 1650

1x16gb ram ddr4

windows 11

part number: DG.BGZEC.003

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure that your Aspire TC-1660 desktop is operating on Win-11 version 23H2 OS build 22631.3085 which is the latest at the time that I wrote this post, and that also all its updates are done including the TC-1660 desktops bios R01-B0 and firmware V1.01 are all updated to the from the Acer TC-1660 support page. Also, I would run this desktop at min 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz type ram) for gaming but preferably at 64GB (2x 32GB DDR4-32000Mhz type ram) into this desktops 2x slots at DDR4-3200Mhz 288-pin DIMM type ram.

Make sure that you have installed the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan that will update all Intel drivers to their latest suitable drivers for your desktop and that also the GTX1650 gpu latest game ready driver are installed with the GeForce Experience scan that also assist in over 1500 games settings from NVidia for your gpu. as doing all this will make your desktop perform at its best. There is no way that the i5-11400F cpu is faulty as its drivers are probably corrupted and need updating. So try all the above as this will improve performance of your desktop, so let us know how you made out. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure that your Aspire TC-1660 desktop is operating on Win-11 version 23H2 OS build 22631.3085 which is the latest at the time that I wrote this post, and that also all its updates are done including the TC-1660 desktops bios R01-B0 and firmware V1.01 are all updated to the from the Acer TC-1660 support page. Also, I would run this desktop at min 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz type ram) for gaming but preferably at 64GB (2x 32GB DDR4-32000Mhz type ram) into this desktops 2x slots at DDR4-3200Mhz 288-pin DIMM type ram.

Make sure that you have installed the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan that will update all Intel drivers to their latest suitable drivers for your desktop and that also the GTX1650 gpu latest game ready driver are installed with the GeForce Experience scan that also assist in over 1500 games settings from NVidia for your gpu. as doing all this will make your desktop perform at its best. There is no way that the i5-11400F cpu is faulty as its drivers are probably corrupted and need updating. So try all the above as this will improve performance of your desktop, so let us know how you made out. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Zenablon
    Options

So I checked and did everything except firmware thing. In bios I can see that the version is set to 1.0. I downloaded firmware file from acer support of my desktop, but I'm not sure how to install it. I ran it as administrator x64.exe file and I checked bios again and nothing changed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

So it looks like you might have one of the European TC-1660 models. There have been several BIOS updates over the years for those, from the original 1.01 to the current R01-B0. If you downloaded the latest R01-B0 version and extract the zip file, you should be able to get install instructions in the Appendix folder and you will likely run a batch file from the WIN folder. to do the install. Use the 3.10 instructions, they are the easiest.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zenablon
    Options

Alright, I have been searching for these 3.10 instructions some while. I found only instructions from 2015 in that Appendix folder, and it feels little outdated and there are different files described that are not in 1.01 update zip file.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

You don't need to install the 1.01 version, since that's what is already installed. Download the R01-B0 version, extract the files to your system wherever you wish, then follow the directions in the 3.10 instructions from the appendix folder. You will open an elevated command prompt, change to the folder you created when extracting the zip, change then to the WIN folder, and execute the batch file as described in the instructions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.