Predator Orion 3000 Gaming Desktop (PO3-640-ER12) - USB ports suddenly deactivated

Options
Palacemusic
Palacemusic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 12 in Predator Desktops

Hi,

I have a brand new Predator Orion 3000 Gaming Desktop (PO3-640-ER12) and I have random issues with the USB ports that are suddenly deactivated while I'm in a middle of a video game (Minecraft or Fortnite) or watching a Youtube video. I tried to replicate but cannot find a common pattern. It seems to just happen randomly, with both provided keyboard and mouse, or with other accessories as well. Sometimes it happens 2 hours after I started the computer, sometimes just after 5 minutes…

Looking at other discussions about similar problems, I tried to tune some configurations in the Windows system power settings but didn't change anything.

I'm thinking about contacting the support since I'm still under warranty, but any help before that would be welcome.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Palacemusic
    Palacemusic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I forgot to tell that after the USB ports are disabled, the only way to "fix" the issue is to manually force restart the whole computer and let it "rest" for a couple of hours. If I restart right away, most of the time the USB ports are still inactive. But if I wait for few hours, then it works fine again.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That certainly sounds like it's appropriate to contact Acer support. There might be a software issue, but if so it's an unusual one.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.