chromebook plus 514 external monitor resolution ?

Options
BillStuzd
BillStuzd Member Posts: 4 New User

acer chromebook plus 514 external monitor resolution ?

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Its 16:10 WUXGA (1920 X 1200) resolution

• BillStuzd
    Options

What is the max resolution for an external (eg. hdmi, usb-c) monitor ?

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 400 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

The Acer Chromebook Plus 514 can support a variety of external monitor resolutions. The exact minimum and maximum resolutions would depend on the capabilities of the specific monitor you are using.
    However, it’s important to note that for optimal display quality, it’s recommended to use the monitor’s native resolution. If you’re using a 4K monitor, you can adjust the Display Size in the settings so that elements on the 4K screen aren’t too small when you switch from the internal screen to the external.
    To adjust the resolution of your external monitor, you can go to your Chromebook’s display settings. Here, you can also adjust other settings such as the display size and orientation.
    If you’re experiencing issues with your display, make sure your cables are securely connected and that your device drivers are up to date. If the issue persists, it might be best to contact Acer’s customer support for further assistance. You can reach Acer’s technical support in the United States at the following number: (371) 760-1000. They are available to assist with product setup, technical troubleshooting, and general questions you may have about your Acer product.
    If you prefer texting, you can text them for support at 1-877-220-2321. This service is available from 5AM to 2AM CST.
    Please have your device’s serial number or SNID ready when you contact them, as this information will help them assist you more effectively.

• BillStuzd
    Options

What is the maximum resolution that the Acer Chromebook Plus 514 will drive, for an externally connected (eg. HDMI, USB-C) monitor ?

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 400 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

The AMD Ryzen 3 7320C processor, which is used in some models of the Acer Chromebook Plus 514, supports high-resolution displays. The integrated AMD Radeon™ 610M graphics can support up to three external 4K displays. However, the exact maximum resolution would depend on the capabilities of the specific monitor you are using.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    edited February 11
    Options

Which model of 514 do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CB514-xxx-xxxx. The Plus says it's likely Ryzen based, but there have been several model series in that line. If yours is, as I suspect, a CB514-3H or -3HT, then the maximum supported resolution on the HDMI port is 3840x2160. I don't know if that is at 30Hx or 60Hz though.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BillStuzd
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking to purchase this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CK55NNNC

Perhaps this question is simpler:

Will it do 2560 x 1440 at 60 hz on external video ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I would expect so, the port is HDMI 1.4 and 60Hz at that resolution is supposed to be supported. 2560x1440 at 60H is around half the bandwidth of 4K at 60Hz, so even if the 4K in the spec is at 30Hz there should be enough to deal with it. I wouldn't expect faster than 60Hz, though it might be possible to do 72Hz.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.