Spin CP713-2W-3311 (2021) Chromebook with Intel AX201 Won't Connect to WPA3 Wifi

Options
EPG_ChromeOS_User
EPG_ChromeOS_User Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 8 in Chromebooks

Hello.

I have the above Chromebook. My Windows 11 laptop with the same Intel AX201 Wifi card connects to Wifi6 802.11ax with WPA3 no problem. However, if I try to connect my Chromebook to any network with forced WPA3 (which is required for Wifi6) it throws an "unknown network error" and will not connect.

ChromeOS supposedly handles WPA3 no problem, so I'm at a loss as to why a Windows laptop with the same wifi card will connect and my Chromebook will not.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• EPG_ChromeOS_User
    Options

To be specific, model is CP713-2W-3311, with ChromeOS Version 121.0.6167.159 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• EPG_ChromeOS_User
    edited February 8
    Options

Upon further investigation….it may be related to firmware on one of my APs. Was able to connect to one of my SSIDs on Wifi6/WPA3 which doesn't broadcast Wifi7 (6Ghz), but when I try to switch to my primary which broadcasts on 2.4, 5 and 6, it won't connect. So at this point I think it is AP firmware related (Unifi U7-Pro). Kinda thinking out loud here. Sorry for the multiple posts.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

No problem, let us know if you pin it down.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.