Acer PM161Q 15.6. want to connect monitor PM161Q directly to camera with USB c or Mini HDMI

Options
erlingd
erlingd Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 7 in Monitors

Hello to the forum!

Hopefully one of you can help a newbie out with the following;

I want to connect the monitor PM161Q directly to a camera (SONY A99II and SONY A7RIV) with USB c or Mini HDMI. Will this connection work or will it need any additional part or driver?

Greetings from Norway!🙂🇳🇴

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

If you have an HDMI input on your monitor then a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable should be all you need.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • erlingd
    Options

Thanks for the reply!

There is USB c and USB Micro terminal on the monitor.

So a HDMI to USB c should probably do the job?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

What does the camera have for output. You want whatever they have to an appropriate connection on the monitor. I'd guess USB-C isn't going to be the right choice, since cameras typically lag behind computer for features like DP Alt Mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • erlingd
    Options

The cameras are SONY A99II with USB-C and HDMI mini, and SONY A7 RIV with same outputs + USB Multi.

The monitor works perfectly together with my laptop with a USB-C cable (without any other power supply)

The strange thing is that it won't even show the menu when only connected to a power supply.

On ACER's description of the monitor it says that it will work together with digital cameras.

It is said that the WACOM LINK PLUS could solve my problem, but it is discontinued.