battery drain problem in acer aspire 7 [A715-76G]after performing a clean windows install

Options
rachitbangwal
rachitbangwal Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 5 in Aspire Laptops

I have a acer aspire 7 model no A715-76g. I recently performed a clean windows install (from a bootable usb), after the clean install of windows i am getting very lest battery backup which is around 1.5hr from full charge but the problem is battery backup is around 4 to 4.5hr before doing a clean install, kindly help me to fix my problem.
Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to this link. Download, unzip and install the drivers for the Intel chipset, dynamic platform, & management engine —- and the Acer DES and latest CareCenter. Do not try to change the BIOS firmware at this time.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

Why did you overwrite the ACER OEM factory Windows version? It has has all the correct battery and charging drivers, library files & Acer OEM battery charge control apps that the Microsoft generic version might be missing. Did you also delete the hidden OEM factory recovery partition?

Jack E/NJ

• rachitbangwal

Tinkerer

Options

@JackE

Thank you for replying

no i didn't wipe any other partition other than the main c and d

is their any way to recover/reinstall those oem drivers ?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to this link. Download, unzip and install the drivers for the Intel chipset, dynamic platform, & management engine —- and the Acer DES and latest CareCenter. Do not try to change the BIOS firmware at this time.

Jack E/NJ

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 256
    Options

As a work around, you can try Uninstalling - reinstalling Microsoft ACPI Battery driver.

1. Press the Windows key + R key.
    2. In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt and hit OK
    3. In Device Manager, click > or + sign next to Batteries.
    4. Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and click Uninstall.
    5. Click OK to confirm uninstalling the driver.

Once the driver is Uninstalled, reboot your laptop. That will automatically add new Microsoft ACPI Battery driver. Later charge your laptop and check the battery performance.

• rachitbangwal

Tinkerer

Options

@JackE

thank you it worked, now i am getting around 4 to 4.5hr of battery backup (i tested it around 2 days).
    but the acer power profile in the power option is still missing

• JackE
    Options

> > I recently performed a clean windows install (from a bootable usb), > >the acer power profile in the power option is still missing > >

That's likely because you clean-installed the Microsoft generic Windows version , not the original Acer factory-installed OEM Windows version. You really don't need the Acer profile.

Jack E/NJ

• kr4hkr4hb00mb1tch
    kr4hkr4hb00mb1tch Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

May I ask? I already updated my BIOS with the newest just now (the one with an EC problem), so can I install everything you just wrote? (note : i just read your answer after i updating my bios)