Acer Chromebook N15Q8- C738T series. could get to "Control Panel, PIN number issue

Options
sheffieldyork
sheffieldyork Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 5 in Chromebooks

I have just purchased Acer Chromebook N15Q8 C738T series - C7KD

I am not new to laptops etc., but I find this Chromebook very difficult to operate.

To get the mouse to move the only way that I have found is using your palm, well the majority that will fit the pad 🤔🤔🤔

Also it requires a PIN number, it's several weeks maybe months since I purchased it and I really can't remember switching it on let alone supplying a PIN.

If I could get to "Control Panel" (thats if there is one) then I might be able to sort it out.

Looking on the bottom I see M F G Date :2017/06/16, which I take to be the date that it was made.

I only purchased it to keep me occupied while I am in hospital to get my right knee operated on.

If all else fails I am more than happy to FORMAT / RESET / START NEW whatever afterall its only a toy.

Anybody any ideas

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

The touchpad should work fine with just a finger, and your model also has a touch screen, so you can use it as well. When using it on a desk or table you can also plug a mouse in if that's more comfortable. If you have another system to access the internet, you can make changes to your Google account there to deal with a forgotten PIN. The system is several years old. Are you the original purchaser or did you buy it recently as a used machine? You may have to get it reset to factory defaults in order to set it up for your account if you bought it used, and there are hurdles to that process since they don't want to make it easy to repurpose a stolen machine…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.