XZ342CU monitor won't run at 180hz Mostly @144hz but it just keeps black screen flickering @180hz

Deadmanx
Deadmanx Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 1 in Monitors

Native is 180hz.

Model: XZ342CU S3

Purchased from micro center.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/669408/acer-xz342cu-34-qhd-(3440-x-1440)-180hz-curved-screen-monitor

We purchased 2 monitors, 1 is being used on a brand new computer with an rtx 4070 and works completely fine @180hz

The other was put on a older setup rtx 2060, seems to work fine @ 120hz... Mostly @144hz but it just keeps black screen flickering @180hz..

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

It could be the cable you are using, are you using HDMI or Display port? the RTX 2060 supports HDMI 2.0 or Display Port 1.4a and depending on the card may also include DVI and USB-C. The Display Port 1.4a or the USB-C port can support the resolution and desired frequency. The HDMI 2.0 can not

• Deadmanx

Tinkerer

Using display port, it shows it available under Nvidia settings... Seems to run 144hz fine just constant black screen flickering when it's set to 180hz

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

I'm not sure the RTX 2060 can handle the extra load of 180Hz…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer
    edited February 1

Hi @Deadmanx is your team the one indicated or is it one of these?

XZ342CUP
    XZ342CUS
    XZ342CUS3

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Deadmanx

Tinkerer

XZ342CUS3

Really believe the 2060 can't handle it? Seems odd to me

• Deadmanx

Tinkerer

So we hooked the new rtx 4070 computer up to the monitor that was flickering and nothing... It seems it is indeed the video card... I will keep everyone posted

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,003 Trailblazer

I do not have access to the XZ342CUS3 model, only the XZ342CUP and I am not sure if they share screen characteristics but the XZ342CUP supports a maximum of 144 per DP.

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)