I have an aspire desktop with a TC-780-EB11 motherboard, Can I upgrade it to say a 1 or 2 TB card?

road
road Member Posts: 1 New User

Curently it has a FA100 512GB SSD - M.2 2280 card. Can I upgrade it to say a 1 or 2 TB card?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited January 31 Answer ✓

The TC-780-EB11 desktop Acer SG only lists 512GB M.2 SSD drive fitted to this desktop, there is NO max limit to what M.2 SSD drive you can fit into this desktop, a 1TB or a 2TB will work for sure. Also, a drive capacity in windows is determined by its format of either the MBR format that has a max limit of 2TB capacity and the GUID format that has a max supposed limit of 8 petabytes as I don't think that anyone has reached that capacity as yet😀. If you want to know a bit more about the M.2 drives that were tested over 100 different SSDs over the past few years, and here's how they stack up, read this test here SSD Benchmarks Hierarchy 2024. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited January 31 Answer ✓

The TC-780-EB11 desktop Acer SG only lists 512GB M.2 SSD drive fitted to this desktop, there is NO max limit to what M.2 SSD drive you can fit into this desktop, a 1TB or a 2TB will work for sure. Also, a drive capacity in windows is determined by its format of either the MBR format that has a max limit of 2TB capacity and the GUID format that has a max supposed limit of 8 petabytes as I don't think that anyone has reached that capacity as yet😀. If you want to know a bit more about the M.2 drives that were tested over 100 different SSDs over the past few years, and here's how they stack up, read this test here SSD Benchmarks Hierarchy 2024. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍