rhtnyc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 1 in Legacy Desktops

Does not recognize CD Drive

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Does the drive eject and load? If not, check to make sure the power cable is still connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rhtnyc
    rhtnyc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The drive does not eject or load because it is not recognized by my pc…

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    edited January 30
    Options

Your XC-840 desktop came oem with an ODD drive and cable so it should work, either your desktops ODD is faulty or its connections like the power cable is faulty for the ODD to not have power or if its not recognized then its the SATA cable that is faulty. Check all those cables and the ODD player because that is where your problems are and change the parts accordingly for new parts. Good luck

Acer oem ODD and cables the XC-840 desktop

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The eject button on the front will work even if everything other than power is disconnected. If your system doesn't have a button on the front then there is no optical drive installed. Many, if not most, of the XC-840 SKUs don't have optical drives installed from the factory.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.