VG240YBMIIX - "Input not supported", no headphone jack sound

rrrrrrickyrrrandy
rrrrrrickyrrrandy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 30 in Monitors

Hi,

RX6700XT + R5600. On PC booting up i get "Input not supported" on monitor, and i cannot get into bios (due to the fact that i see nothing beside of this message).
After Windows loads up, then monitor show everything as usual. Connected via HDMI. What can i do about it? On other monitors i do not have that problem. Using VGA cable is not a solution, since i paid for a monitor with digital signal support, so i will not use analog VGA. Not to mention that i do not have VGA in GPU, nor the VGA cable.

Second case: No sound on headphones plugged into monitor via monitor's headphone jack. Monitor speakers are working fine, but i need to have sound also on headphones plugged into monitor.

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

The “Input not supported” message usually appears when the monitor is receiving information from the computer, but not at a supported resolution or refresh rate1. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Start the Computer in Safe Mode:

Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button.
    The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
    Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings.
    Click the Restart button1.
    Change the Display Settings:

Once in Safe Mode, ensure that the display resolution is set at the default native resolution for the monitor and the proper refresh rate1.
    On your desktop, right-click on any empty area and select Display settings.
    Scroll down and find the Scale and layout section, then choose the recommended resolution for your display.
    Click Advanced display settings.
    Under the monitor name that is having the Input Not Supported error, click Display adapter properties for Display.
    In the popup pane, click the Monitor tab.
    In the Screen refresh rate, choose the recommended or default rate in the drop-down menu1.
    Check the Monitor Connection:

Make sure the monitor is properly connected to your computer. Try using a different cable if possible2.
    Update Your Drivers:

Old or corrupted drivers can cause the “Input not supported” issue. Ensure your drivers are up-to-date3.
    Disable AMD Freesync:

If you’re using an AMD graphics card, try disabling AMD Freesync2.
    If these steps don’t resolve your issue, you may want to contact Acer’s customer support for further assistance. Remember to back up your data before making any major changes to your system. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask! 😊

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

On monitors with builtin speakers the audio jack is usually an audio in, not audio out. That allows you to play sound from your computer on the monitor even when it's not going over the video signal. Just plug your headphones into the computer to use them for audio instead of plugging them into the monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.