Aspire XC-895 struggling to run browsers when I have multiple internet windows open.

John098765
John098765 Member Posts: 2 New User

Over the last few months my XC-895 had started to struggle when I have multiple internet windows open. Specifically websites like DnD beyond, Roll20 and Google meet are 3 I often need open together.

The fan kicks in immediately, video calls freeze and websites struggle.

I've been through the usual clearing out cache, disk space, defraging, deleting unused apps. Still nothing works. Even took the cover off to clean inside but it wasn't even that dusty.

Appreciate any advice.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,565 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Task Manager is you best friend, look at the performance and processes.

It also also has your Start-up apps too. Disable them all if you can then reboot to test.

How much memory, What type of Hard Drive is on your XC-895

• John098765
    John098765 Member Posts: 2 New User

8gb ram

1tb hard drive

When using it tonight CPU was running at 80-100%

Internet browser was running 50-60%

Couple of other things between 5-10% including taskmaster.

I've tried using different browsers but all have the same issue, Firefox has been slightly better than chrome.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

A slow reacting internet and a hot running PC are symptoms that your windows OS is not setup properly, as its windows updates are not updated or your OS has viruses or malware or you have hardware issues. Best is to do a clean install of your OS on the XC-895 1TB PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD as that is the quickest drive to use for a boot drive. Then update windows updates, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and preferably update the bios to the XC-895 last bios version R01-A3.

Hardware wise (if you wish) upgrade the cpu if its an i5-10400) to the higher i7-10700 as these cpu's graphics the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 is very adequate to handle anything that is on the internet, also upgrade the ram to 16GB by adding another 8GB DDR4 ram module exactly the same DDR4 and speed as the module that you have in your desktop now. Doing all this will increase the speed and function of your XC-895 desktop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Larryodie
    edited January 30

IS it SSD hard drive . If not then very slow plus more ram but SSD hard drive 1st.

• Larryodie
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

If it's a traditional HDD then that is expected with 8GB of memory. You are swapping to disk and that is really, really slow. You should upgrade to 16GB of memory and put a SSD in for the OS and the difference will be amazing.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.