Upgrade acer aspire TC-895. wanna upgrade pc with 16gb ram and i5 10400f to better gaming

AleSpaggio05
AleSpaggio05 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, so i wanna upgrade my pc with 16gb of ram and i5 10400f to something better for gaming, maybe more ram and better cpu, what i can put in?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

You can use up to 16GB sticks of DDR4 2666MHz memory, stay away from XMP enabled since your system doesn't support XMP overclocking. So a maximum of 32GB… For 16GB you just need two 8GB DIMMs. Same deal with the CPU, you can drop an i7-10700F in, but in that case you aren't going to see much gaming improvement. You are much better off to go the route of SSD first, memory second, GPU third and CPU last for upgrades. The TC-895 models came with either a HDD or a SSD. If yours already has the SSD and it's big enough for your use then no need to do an upgrade there. Memory to 16GB is a great next step, but after that I'd be looking into a GPU for gaming, not a CPU.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fouty21
    Fouty21 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm in the same situation as the original post. After upgrading the memory and to SSD what GPU and CPU are even compatible with this that wouldn't hinder the other?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

It depends on your specific model, they came with several different power supplies and what GPU can be installed really depends on how much power is available. You might have a 180W, a 300W or a 500W power supply and will likely need to open the case and look to see which it is.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.