How much ram should there be on an Acer Spin 513 N20Q4?

Options
rosejeffmo
rosejeffmo Member Posts: 8 New User
edited January 27 in Chromebooks

My chromebook runs rather slowly as soon as there's more than a few tabs open. I checked the ram with a couple of memory apps and the total ram is only 2.7gb 40% of which is available, leaving relatively little headroom for apps. Isn't it supposed to be 4gb? I am somewhat confused. Help would be most appreciated.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

There are a bunch of different Spin 513 models. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CP513-xxx-xxxx. Most of them have either 4GB or 8GB of memory and it's likely not expandable, but we can't say for sure without the full model number. (There is no cross reference for the N20Q4 numbers, and they seem to reuse those on different model series).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rosejeffmo
    Options

thanks for answering, it says cp513-1H-S17L. I imagine it's supposed to be 4gb, in which case why is it reading only 2.7gb?

• billsey
    Options

The rest is being used by the OS and may have some set aside for the GPU.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rosejeffmo
    Options

The app is reporting the "total memory" as 2.7gb, of which 60% is being used for the OS and apps.

• billsey
    Options

What app is that giving the info?

• rosejeffmo
    Options

I tried a couple, CPU info and Device info