Acer Spin 512. My Chromebook is not working. It shows "Chrome OS is missing or damaged.

Options
Viljo
Viljo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 27 in Chromebooks

When I turn on my Chromebook it shows "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please remove all connected devices and start recovery." I have already asked help from google support but they said I should ask from here. I want my Chromebook to work.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Which Chromebook model is it, as Acer does not have support for Chrome OS, you need to do the Chrome OS reset or and if your laptop is faulty you need to get that fixed at an experienced technician.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Viljo
    Viljo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It's Acer Spin 512. And i have tried restoring the Chrome OS.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

My guess is you have one of the CP512 models, but I don't see any in my model lists and there have been a lot of different Spin Chromebooks over the years.. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.