Backlit on Travelmate P214-53-58JU. This model has no backlit.

Options
maristellaaaa
maristellaaaa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 27 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello guys, just want to ask if there is anyone here experiencing the same. This model has ko backlit. I tried tricks I saw on youtube but doesn't work. Thank you. I have attached more details. Looking forward to your answer.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

Screen backlight issues are complex and could be from numerous sources like the LCD eDP cable or its plugs at the screen or mainboard which its pins could be burned out or faulty and the screen is not getting its full voltage to power on the backlights, hence and why you have no backlights. There are technicians that are experts at modifying screen to work if the backlights don't work and the eDP or the screen pin plugs are burned out, so look them up in your area if you can't find any, then you will need to either replace the eDP cable or the screen or the mainboard screen plug or the mainboard of your laptop with new parts, as it depends on the damage that has happened inside your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

TravelMate P214-53

This is your P214-53 screens that are fitted to your laptop, check your exact screen model number by downloading HWiNFO64 software and go into this software Monitor section as your screens model number will be there, so compare it to these below, as that is the screen for your laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't have a reference for your SKU, but some of the P214-53 models have a keyboard backlight and some do not. What language is your keyboard setup for?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.