PredatorSense version 4 will not recognize lights or fans in Predator po3 655

Sunnycoast
Sunnycoast Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited 12:28AM in Predator Desktops

My two day old Predator po3 655 (same essentially as the po 650 I was told) came with PredatorSense version 3 and it works OK.

A little annoying that you can't pull fan rpm lower than 60% in manual. Also, the CPU fan does not ramp up much at all when pushing the CPU.

I saw that PredatorSense version 4 was listed on my Acer download page so installed it (removed the previous version first).

The app opens fine and has nice features BUT it will not recognize any fans or RGB.

I know with version 3 you could change machine type in the config file in the PredatorSense folder but that does not exist with the new version.

Anyone have any ideas ?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,686 Trailblazer

That is too new for us to have any answers yet… What happens if you remove the new version and reinstall the old?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sunnycoast

Hi billsey

I can uninstall version 4 and reinstall version 3 and it all works fine.

Both versions are on my product download page

• Sunnycoast
    edited January 28

For some reason this got moved from the Acer Software section to the Laptop gaming section.

This is for a desktop Predator computer (thread title), not a laptop.

Issue remains with the PedatorSense version 4 app offered on my product download page.

https://www.acer.com/au-en/support/product-support/PO3-650/DG.BK4SA.006/downloads

• PappiL
    PappiL Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for posting, Sunnycoast!

I have the same issue with my Orion PO3-650. Predator Sense 4 senses nothing, and Predator Sense 3 works fine (but is outdated). I find Acer's support and software very lacking. Combined with very limited expansion possibilities, a way too small power supply and cooling system, and a RAM-speed that is ridiculous. Had I known this prior to buying, I would have not chosen Acer.

• Sunnycoast
    edited January 28

PappiL

I initially raised a support case and was told by Acer to format the hard drives and send the computer in for repair .. The issue is incompatible Acer software, it is not the computer. I closed the case. I had hoped the community might have some answers.

I won’t be installing anything from Acer as I can’t trust their software. Certainly not the listed bios update.

I’ll stick with PredatorSense version 3. It has some issues obviously but will do.

I’m happy enough with the machine as it won’t be pushed hard at all.

I should have built my own machine with better upgradability but had time constraints.

• Sunnycoast

Tried Ver 4 again since the new BIOS update was installed.

Ver 4 still does not detect any sensors or fans so back to Ver 3.

Both versions are listed on my product page.