travelmate p449-m unable to boot between harddisk and nvme ssd even changing boot sequence form bios

Options
2devil_2003
2devil_2003 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 24 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello,

I have acer travelmate p449-m laptop i have one hdd 500 gb toshiba and one nvme ssd 128 gb of acer brand, bois version is V1.08, problem is that i had stored my two windows in both these drives and i want to boot between them according to my needs but i am unable to make them boot according even after changing the boot sequence from bios .

I have to remove a storage device and then only my laptop boots from the second device i wanted to boot from and then have to replace the previous removed device again in laptop, after i do this the OS boots from the unremoved same storage always but then i cant change it through bois to make the second one to boot first.

*(So overall i want to boot from different storages which have different windows thought same versions but different configurations but i am unable because my settings updated in my bois does not make effect to my choice)*.

Laptop- acer travelmate p449 m

Bois version - (v1.08)

Windows in both drives are win 10.

Thanks fellow users.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you have the boot menu enabled in the BIOS? What is listed in the boot menu when you enter it? It should list all bootable devices…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

edited January 25
    Options

Yes sir all devices are listed there

1 windows boot manager

2hdd0- toshibaxxxx-500gb

3hhd1-acer ssd xxxx-128gb

4usb

6..so on other devices

And options of f5/f6 to change the sequence of boot are there also.

*** When i switch the sequence to another storage device the laptop still boots from the previous drive unless i manually remove the drive and the boot it**

Regards,

Fellow User.

• 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Options

Yes sir all devices are listed there

1 windows boot manager

2hdd0- toshibaxxxx-500gb

3hhd1-acer ssd xxxx-128gb

4usb

6..so on other devices

And options of f5/f6 to change the sequence of boot are there also.

*** When i switch the sequence to another storage device the laptop still boots from the previous drive unless i manually remove the drive and the boot it**

Regards,

Fellow User

• billsey
    Options

Those sound like the list in the BIOS, not the list in the boot menu. Can you take a picture of the boot menu for me? It shouldn't list a USB unless you have a UEFI USB drive connected. It should only show the bootable environments.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Options

I can find two boot,s in my laptop first one under bios uefi is used by me to change the sequence.

Am i doing it wrong 😐 im a beginner.

• billsey
    Options

Yes,either of those is the boot menu. Go into the BIOS and on the Main tab make sure the F12 Boot Menu is enabled. Next reboot and press F12 to get the menu. What is displayed there?