How do I do a clean install of Windows 11 Acer Nitro 11

Options
quiltlover8
quiltlover8 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 24 in Nitro Gaming

On my Acer Nitro 11 my Windows 11 needs to be completely reinstalled. What is everything do I have to do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,883 Trailblazer
    edited January 23
    Options

Have you tried the less serious options, checked your system files with DISM and SFC, ran Safe Mode, updated Windows, BIOS and drivers, checked for hardware issues. In my last 20 years working with Windows OS, I never had to reformat a boot drive to clean install a windows version. IMO, after Windows7 this should be done only as a last resort after a destructive malware attack, boot drive/component failure, replacement of the motherboard or forcing a Windows upgrade. What is your complete PC model and year and what are your issues?

Acer Services in your country can reset your W10-W11 system to factory defaults for a small service fee.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    edited January 24
    Options

First what is your Nitro laptops exact model number, because for a clean install you need to first build a bootable Win-11 23H2 installation USB with the software called Rufus 4.2 and then put the unzipped IRST driver for your Nitro laptop onto the same USB, as when you get to the Win-11 installation section of Where do you want to install Windows > Load driver > you need to load the IRST driver so that the M.2 SSD driver is recognized and you can continue the installation. Then you do the windows updates and NVidia drivers bios and firmware updates. That is basically all that you need to do for your Nitro laptop. Good luck

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Stiltonpie
    Stiltonpie Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Is that the same for Predator Helios 16 (PH16-71)?

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)