Where is my anytime upgrade Key for Veriton 4640G

Kevin6string
Kevin6string Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My ACER Veriton 4640G came with an anytime upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. I need my anytime upgrade key. Due to "legacy software" programs I cannot do a fresh install as my registration and serial numbers may not work since the company has been sold 3 times. IT is a very expensive recording studio software that i need to use! … I have not had any online service due to moving situation and now unfortunately am FORCED to upgrade if I wish to have any Internet security!

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,838 Trailblazer

Microsoft stopped activation of upgrades with Windows7 keys. You will have to buy a W10 license now.

• Kevin6string
    Kevin6string Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

That is a bunch of *****! I hope like heck I don't have to do a fresh install! Can to purchase an "UPGRADE"? Microsoft is a dictatorship! I stayed with & due to sofware support for my recording software ;iscenses to begin with. ITthey were not officially supported on W10 😡

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

You likely need to be incensed at the software company that did your recording software rather than Microsoft. Microsoft kept that offer open for eight years, even though they originally said it would be good for only one year… The company that did the recording software must have taken those eight years to do an update with support for a current OS. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.