Disasembly Mouse Predator Cestus 500, Is there any guide out there to disasemble the mouse?

Options
Vizze
Vizze Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 19 in Gaming Accessories

Is there any guide out there to disasemble the mouse? Have looked online to no availe. The six outside screws (3 on each side under the extension handles) dont seem to be enough to open up the insides. I have been having problems with the responsiveness of my middle mouse button for quite some time. A while long blowing air into the seems helped it out for a bit but it always resurfaced. So i guessed there was quite the buildup of dust etc. in between the button and the mousewheel and wanted to clean it but was not able to open it up.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options

The only post on this is the community post below, look at that, also you can download the Predator Cestus 500 manual and look there.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Vizze
    Vizze Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I already had a look at the manual its sadly not really thorough just some basics..
    The post you mentioned is more about software issues as my mouse is more or less functioning correctly accept the middle mouse button issue it is not really helping out
    since the middle mousebutton sometimes works after blowing some air into it (consistently) it is without a doubt a hardware issue and on top pretty sure mechanical so knowing how to remove the casing would probably resolve the issue in a couple of minutes
    quite frustrated being able to somewhat losen the bottom for a teany tiny bit but there seem to be some holdings or more screws in place and i dont want to break it ofc..

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, they don't really have any sort of repair manual for those mice. I believe they just replace anything that fails under warranty, rather than trying to repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.