Tried the hold the power button and volume down with keyboard without keyboard

Held power botton down itself with and without keyboard

If I unplug Charger light stays off completely

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

The lights are acting normally, the blue light just says it's plugged in and fully charged, no light just says it's not plugged in. Power button and volume is an Android thing, not for Windows. You might be seeing a battery issue, where the battery reports a full charge, but actually doesn't have enough to actually run the system, but normally you would see some sort of indication on the screen and the system would still run while plugged in. If it were a drive issue you could still get into the BIOS and would get some indication at startup that there's a problem loading the OS. It's possible the power button itself isn't working. The power button is part of the audio board, and that is connected to the motherboard through a ribbon cable. If there is an issue with the board, cable or connectors you might see these symptoms. Unless you are very comfortable opening it up you might look into the cost of repair with a local technician. If you are comfortable with disassembly, the cover is snapped into place, so you will need to gently pry it off, start near the audio jack and work your way around until it's fully loose. Once the cover is off, disconnect the battery and remove it, then inspect the cable and board. You might have corrosion built up in the connectors, if so you can often clean it by simply reseating it a bunch of times.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bigstutoo
    Bigstutoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The power button volume was what acer tech told me to do even my lenovo windows hybrid laptop has these facilities I'm gonna have to take it to a repair center I just didn't wanna throw money at it if it was goosed

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Using a multimeter with the card out, it should be fairly easy to test of the switch itself is working. Testing the cable for connectivity is a bit more difficult just because the connections are so small…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.